Last updated: August 2022
61a Bridge Street
The information I collect
- first name and email address on voluntary signup only (personal data)
- Google Analytics (via Monster Insights to ensure GDPR compliance) tracking how you use this website (not personal data)
See my Cookies Policy for more information.
Lawful basis for processing personal data (this doesn’t affect you if you haven’t signed up to my mailing list)
The lawful bases for processing personal data are set out in Article 6 of the UK GDPR. The basis that applies here is consent.
By signing up to my newsletter, you provided your consent.
Use of your personal data
Your personal data may be used for the following:
- sending out emails as agreed upon signup
- if your email is associated with a Facebook account, it may be used to create a lookalike audience (in the future. I am not currently running Facebook ads).
Let me explain that: This assumes you are on Facebook with the same email address. Facebook, when determining who to show my ads to, will see the interests linked to your account. You may, for example, have “liked” The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural. Facebook will then find other people with the same interests to serve my ads to, thereby assuming my audience as a whole is into such things. In the process, Facebook does not get any more information about you than it already has, and I will not be privy to any of the information you have stored on Facebook.
Your data protection rights
You can email me at email@example.com if you prefer that your personal data not be used for my Facebook marketing activities, and you can unsubscribe from my newsletter at any time. You also have the right to request all the information I hold about you. This will only ever be information you have willingly provided, but you still have the right to ask for it, and I have 30 days to get on that.
How your personal data is stored
Your personal data is stored securely. It will be stored until you unsubscribe from my mailing list, at which point it will be deleted.
Who will have access to your personal data?
- only those absolutely necessary to send the emails you consented to upon signup (in this instance, my mailing service provider)
- Facebook (but only if they already have your email address)
I will never sell your personal data.
I will not share your personal data with anyone not critical to the provision of my monthly newsletter.
The only exception to this is if I’m legally obligated to do so. Don’t do crime, folks.